130 East Randolph Drive
After Brexit: Europe, the United Kingdom, and Wales
Chicago Council on Global Affairs
Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister, Wales
Friday 09/09/16 Doors open: 11:45 am Event: 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
British and European politics have entered a period of uncertainty following the Brexit vote. Complex negotiations lay ahead as the United Kingdom and European Union redefine their relationship. Meanwhile sharp voting differences in between England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales have called into question the UK’s future constitutional arrangement. First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones will explore the impact of Brexit on UK politics and economics, and discuss how the Welsh government is preparing for the changes that lay ahead.
Carwyn Jones AM
First Minister, Wales
Carwyn Jones is the first minister of Wales and has held the office since 2009. Jones has been a member of the National Assembly for Wales representing the constituency of Bridgend since 1999. He previously held a number of ministerial roles within the devolved Welsh government, including rural affairs, open government, the environment, and counsel general. Prior to entering politics, Jones was a barrister.
- From Islam to Oil: Inside Saudi Arabia’s Influence - 28 Apr 2020 - 17:15
- Patrick Harker on the US Economic Outlook and Global Inequality - 6 May 2020 - 17:15
- Ground Game: Life on the Election Campaign Trail - 7 May 2020 - 17:30
- Susan Rice on Securing America - 9 Jun 2020 - 17:15
- The Deficit Myth: A Conversation on Modern Monetary Theory - 16 Jun 2020 - 17:15