130 East Randolph Drive
After Brexit: Europe, the United Kingdom, and Wales
Chicago Council on Global Affairs
Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister, Wales
Friday 09/09/16 Doors open: 11:45 am Event: 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
British and European politics have entered a period of uncertainty following the Brexit vote. Complex negotiations lay ahead as the United Kingdom and European Union redefine their relationship. Meanwhile sharp voting differences in between England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales have called into question the UK’s future constitutional arrangement. First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones will explore the impact of Brexit on UK politics and economics, and discuss how the Welsh government is preparing for the changes that lay ahead.
Carwyn Jones AM
First Minister, Wales
Carwyn Jones is the first minister of Wales and has held the office since 2009. Jones has been a member of the National Assembly for Wales representing the constituency of Bridgend since 1999. He previously held a number of ministerial roles within the devolved Welsh government, including rural affairs, open government, the environment, and counsel general. Prior to entering politics, Jones was a barrister.
- Jordan: A Struggle for Peace in the Middle East - 16 Nov 2018 - 16:00
- Realism and Restraint: America's New Foreign Policy? - 19 Nov 2018 - 17:15
- The Next Generation Transatlantic Relationship - 29 Nov 2018 - 08:45
- Cash Rules Everything Around Me: Millennials, Money, & Mobility - 13 Dec 2018 - 17:45
- Blurred Lines: Humanitarian Action and Rule of Law - 17 Dec 2018 - 17:15