Date(s) - 11/15/18
5:45 pm - 8:45 pm
There’s no college degree for product management, which makes becoming a product manager a process mired in uncertainty. Department heads have difficulty defining the role and entry-level PM’s have difficulty getting hired. Even if they get hired, these PMs will often have a rough time, as they will often be forced to figure out their role on their own.
But fear not! A panel of 4 product managers, with varying levels of years of experience, will answer your burning questions. Whether you are looking to break into product management, starting a new product management role, or looking to hire/grow your product team, this discussion will have something for everyone.
For anyone that’s interested in the event, here’s some optional homework: Read the article below to see a breakdown of skills necessary for product managers organized by seniority level, and see where you fall.
5:45pm – 6:30pm — Food & Networking (Bring a valid picture ID for check-in)
6:30pm – 8:00pm — Panelist Discussion (and food, but quietly)
8:00pm – 8:45pm — More Networking (and any remaining food)
Conversation Talking Points:
BREAKING INTO PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
1. How to deal with your lack of product experience
2. The do’s and don’ts of interviewing
3. Do I need an MBA? Do I need a Tech background? Do I need X,Y,Z?
NEWLY HIRED PMs
1. How to conquer your[masked]. How to define your role in an early product company
3. What skills are needed for every PM level
SEASONED PMs LOOKING TO BUILD A PRODUCT TEAM
1. What difficulties do new hires experience and how can you avoid those pitfalls?
2. Where can you find a young PM to train and mold into a leader?
3. Looking to hire a new PM (50%+ Of ChiPMA members are looking to hire or be hired!)
– Nick Saggese (Associate Product Manager @ Mediaocean – https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicksaggese/)
– Megan Bubley (Product Manager @ SpotHero – https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-bubley/)
– Rob Galliani (Product Manager @ Oranj – https://www.linkedin.com/in/robgalliani/)
– Kate Bhatia (Director of Product & Experiences @ Ivee – https://www.linkedin.com/in/katelaures/)