Date(s) - 03/20/19
8:30 am - 10:30 am
This workshop will help you learn how to Export. Get an overview of the process, identify the necessary service providers, examine the available payment options, and compliance issues from Paul Jarzombek, Chief Operating Officer and Director, LR International.
- 8:30-9:00: Breakfast and networking
- 9:00-10:30: Presentation and Q&A
The Export Process Overview will illustrate:
- Vetting your international customers
- How to create accurate quotations/Negotiating Terms of Payment and Sale
- Creating the required Export Documentation
- Correctly preparing your goods for shipping
- The physical process of shipping your goods including information on Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers and how to use them
Export documentation – Learn the necessary documents required for exporting including:
- The Pro Forma invoice/ Your quotation
- The Commercial Invoice/ The one document that is always required/ how to correctly construct it
- Certificates of Origin/ How to obtain and when they are required
- Transit Documents/ Bills of Lading
- The Shipper’s Export Declaration/ When it is required and how to report your export details to the U.S Government
- Other necessary documents required due of the nature of specific commodities and foreign government requirements
About the Presenter:
Paul Jarzombek, Chief Operating Officer and Director – LR INTERNATIONAL INC.
Mr. Jarzombek began his logistics career over 2 decades ago working for European and Japanese based freight forwarding companies. Trained in Operations Management with a specialization in Ocean freight project management, he has been a partner with LRI for 22 years. Mr. Jarzombek is responsible for LRI’s overall operations performance including quality standards, International agent and vendor relations as well as worldwide customer service and satisfaction. With the C.E.O and C.F.O. Mr. Jarzombek is charged with shaping the direction and culture at LRI as we look forward to future growth and development.