Date(s) - 09/29/17
11:30 am - 1:15 pm
The Union League of Chicago
Friday, SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
11:30am – 1:15pm
Last week, J.B. Pritzker announced his Lieutenant Governor selection, Representative Juliana Stratton (D-5) and earned the endorsement of the Cook County Democratic Party.
J.B. Pritzker has leaped to the top of the crowded Democratic field. His resume includes many philanthropic initiatives and investments in the Chicago business and technology communities.
In a gubernatorial race that is on track to be the most expensive and most heated in Illinois’ history, join CAPAG to learn about J.B. Pritzker’s vision for Illinois and his plan to win the Democratic primary and governorship in 2018.
J.B. PRITZKER BIOGRAPHY
At his core, JB Pritzker is a leader and a builder who gets results:
- He’s a business leader: JB started and built a business that employs thousands of people across the nation, including many in Illinois.
- He’s a jobs builder: JB built a non-profit small business incubator called 1871 that has created thousands of new, good paying jobs in Illinois.
- He’s a civil rights advocate and leader: JB built and led a major institution in Illinois that fights bigotry and hatred in our state. AND he led the turn-around of the state’s civil rights court, helping people find justice when they’ve been discriminated against in housing or in the workplace.
- He’s an education leader: JB provided Illinois children with high quality preschool and childcare opportunities serving thousands of low income kids in African-American and Latino communities.
- He’s a philanthropic leader: JB’s generosity expanded the state’s school breakfast program to tens of thousands of students in low income school districts across Illinois.
- He’s a criminal justice reformer: JB endowed the Center on Wrongful Convictions and the Child and Family Justice Center that fight against the failures of the criminal justice system.
- He’s a political leader: JB started and built a political organization bringing thousands of young people into the Democratic Party.
Union League Club of Chicago - 65 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL