Date(s) - 03/02/18
6:00 pm - 11:59 pm
2018: Night Sky Explorers
Calling all explorers! What do YOU see when you look up at the night sky? How do we explore far-off places? Explore our Solar System—and beyond—at an Astro-Overnight! Designed for families with kids ages 6-12, Astro-Overnights are a great way to experience the museum after-hours, and with new, hands-on programming, special sky shows, and the chance to spend the night under the stars or in an exhibit next to a planet (or spacecraft). There’s something for the whole family to enjoy!
Friday, February 2* – Evening Only Available
Friday, March 2* – Evening Only Available
Friday, April 6*
Friday, May 4*
- Hands-on science activities only available at Astro-Overnights, including activities about comets, constellations, planets, and more
- Two amazing sky shows, including one immersive show you can’t see anywhere else!
- An exclusive storytelling experience in the Grainger Sky Theater
- Access to the Doane Observatory
- A light evening snack & continental breakfast
Want to enjoy the evening, but can’t spend the night? No worries. There is an evening-only option available. Enjoy the same program, but sleep in your own bed.
Please note that Astro-Overnights are limited to children ages 6-12 with their families, scout group, or other special group. All children attending the evening-only portion or the full Overnight MUST be accompanied by an adult.